Why Should I Join?
You might be wondering why you should join the Phoenix Association or perhaps feel a little hesitant maybe even a bit scared and that's completely understandable. Here are a few reasons that might help you make your decision:
- Know that you are not alone! Meet others just like you who more than likely know exactly how you're feeling.
- Hear other members share their experiences, thoughts and feelings about herpes. This might range from wondering how having herpes affects one emotionally, how to navigate dating, how to tell someone to discussing treatment of outbreaks.
- Have a safe, non-judgmental environment in which to share your thoughts and feelings (although you are always welcome to simply listen during a meeting). Some of our members often mention that they don't have anyone to talk to about herpes except during our meetings.
- Have access to a private Facebook group to stay in touch in between meetings.
- You are welcome to attend as many or as few meetings as you'd like after you join.
- Meet new people and possibly form new friendships!
Becoming A Member
Becoming a member is very easy! Here are the simple steps:
- Attend an orientation session before any meeting date (see below for meeting dates or click here). Orientation meetings are 30 minutes from 6:00pm to 6:30pm and our meeting location is Deer Park Library (Room 204) located at 40 St. Clair Ave. East.
- During orientation, a Phoenix Association member will share with you more information about our group, communication guidelines, what to expect during our meetings, etc.
- After orientation, you will have the option to join the Phoenix Association by filling out a short form as well as paying the $35.00* non-refundable annual membership fee. If you decide to join, you will then be able to stay for the meeting which will start at 6:30pm and run until 8:00pm. If you decide not to join the group after attending orientation, that's okay too. There's no pressure, you won't need to pay the annual fee and if you change your mind, we'll always be here.
- And that's it - you're a member! We look forward to seeing you at future meetings.
*Please note that we can only accept cash at this time. There are many banks located within short proximity of the meeting space, including a TD, Scotiabank, CIBC, Royal Bank and President's Choice Financial. Renewal of annual membership costs $35.00.
Upcoming Orientation Dates
Orientation occur between 6:00pm - 6:30pm unless otherwise stated.
- Wed. Nov. 20, 2019
- Wed. Dec. 18, 2019
- Wed. Jan. 8, 2020
- Wed. Feb. 5, 2020
- Wed. Mar 11, 2020
- Wed. Apr. 8, 2020
- Wed. May 13, 2020 (orientation from this date on starts at 6:15pm)
- Wed. Jun 10, 2020
- Wed. Jul. 8, 2020
- Fri. Aug. 14, 2020
- Wed. Sept. 9, 2020
It's not just physical, it's emotional. Come talk with us, we can help.
A Herpes Haiku
This herpes simplex
Tingling, headachey virus
It's herpes complex